This screen is displayed by tapping All Sales in the Invoices screen. The screen provides an easy-to-read list of all sales you have made to all customers. It excludes any payments received. From this screen, you can:
- Enter new sales (these are sales that a customer will pay at a later date).Note: You may find it easier to use the Customers screen to enter sales. If you use the Sales screen, make sure that you have previously set up your customers in the Customers screen.
- Enter payments you have received for sales.
What else can I do?
In addition to the above, you can:
- Enter and view credits, as well as sales.
- Generate PDFs of sales invoices, delivery notes and receipts.
- Mark sales as „PAID”.
- Set up recurring sales.
What happens when a sale, payment or credit is entered?
- Sales: A sale increases your income and the amount a customer owes, but does not affect the balance of your bank account until payment is made. Since your income increases, this also affects items such as the Monthly Breakdown report.
Tip: You can view all sales that relate to a specific customer using the Invoices screen. You can view all sales for all customers in the Sales screen.
- Payments (from customers): In the context of customers, a payment is an amount of money received from a customer. When you enter a payment, you specify the account (normally the bank account) in which you will receive the income.A payment reduces the amount the customer owes, which in turn affect items such as the Customer Aged Debt report. A payment does not further affect your sales income and therefore other related items such as the Monthly Breakdown report.
- Credits (to customers): A credit decreases the amount a customer owes and your income. It has the reverse effect to a sale.
Why are transactions greyed out?
A greyed-out transaction indicates the transaction appears on a statement. You are not able to change information such as the transaction type or amount. If you need to correct an amount you previously entered, you can edit the transaction from the Statement screen.
Tapping the transaction gives the reason why it is greyed out at the bottom of the transaction form.